There are a lot of people who decide they want to get multiple quotes for electrical work.
Is this a good idea? Of course it is!
Plumbers and Electricians are not cheap, so it’s important to ensure that you are going to get the best value for the money you spend.
If you do decide to get multiple quotes, it’s important to understand that the cheapest is very rarely the best. You may be enticed by a cheaper quote, but it’s important to check the following:
1. Is the electrician licensed? Make sure you ask this!
2. Are using the best quality parts that are designed to last a long time
3. That they have a warranty on their work and for parts. At Mr Glow, we provide a 10 year labour warranty. If it breaks, we’ll fix it for free!
Cheapest is not usually the best, and you don’t want to run the risk of using someone who won’t return your calls when things go wrong!
We do encourage our customers to get multiple quotes so you get the right electrician that suits your budget and needs.
Why is the price so expensive?
If you think your work seems expensive, here’s some things to consider:
1. Cost of labour – your licensed electrician is a professional at what they do, they have done 4 years training as an apprentice to become qualified. And just like any other profession such as a doctor, dentist, plumber, builder (the list goes on), they charge what they are worth!
2. Cost of parts: In an increasingly competitive market, cost of living is going through the roof. Cable has quadrupled in price! At Mr Glow, we pride ourselves on using the highest quality parts so our clients get the best results for their work. Our clients would rather spend more on quality parts, than less money and cheap parts that we know will breakdown.
3. Insurances: If we make any errors, we are insured.
5. Vehicle repairs, maintenance and repayments
7. Accounting Fees
11. Customer support
12. Office (We have an office team waiting ready to take your call and serve you at the
13. Shipping Costs
14. Credit Card Fees
15. Training our team
17. Internet, iPads, Phones
The list can go on..
So unfortunately, it’s not just labour and materials that are the cost, but we need to cover all these other costs listed above to run a successful business that will be around for a long time to come.